This small stone cottage was built about 1860 as a home for workers on the Duntroon Estate.
A number of families lived in the Cottage over the hundred years it was occupied. The first occupant, William Ginn, was a ploughman for the Campbells. The second, George Blundell, was a bullock driver for the estate. The third, Harry Oldfield, worked from the Cottage as a shepherd. His wife Alice ran the Cottage as a boarding house after his death.
The Cottage is now a remnant of the National Capital's rural past almost in the heart of the city.